The proverbial you-know-what

The proverbial you-know-what

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Soul Searching and stepwork

   It's a fact without all the alcohol and pill popping one does in active alcoholism and addiction that one uncovers their true self. One thing I discovered is that I am not what I thought I was.
  My sexual lines blurred and I would seek validation in many dark places....and I found out I'm straighter than I thought.  I love myself more as a human being. Working the 12 steps has shifted my perceptions in a better direction and I am grateful for getting my life back. My sense of humor, my soul, my love for mankind and my concern and love for family in recovery is strong. And I have a job I have held for 10 1/2 months. Bought a car as well. As long as I remember I'm powerless over my addiction and keep my recovery active, all will be well.
   I think I'm getting my groove back too! With the help of my sponsor and close friends, I hope to finally get back to work on my novel.
   Till next time....
  

No comments:

Post a Comment