The proverbial you-know-what

The proverbial you-know-what

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mom This One's For You

My mother is a very selfless person. Compared to her I'm selfish. Lately I have given a lot of thought to the fact that she is not gonna be around forever. And I'm frightened of that day. I have said many things to her I have regretted, bless her heart, but when it comes down to it I'm on her side.I have had to let go of guilt I have taken back many times.
 From when I was a little girl to the present she still believes I'm gonna make it. She has never given up hope in my abilities and talents, and despite her preaching the gospel it seems on a 24/7 basis, she's a wonderful mother. She accompanied me to the Emergency room this morning when I was in excruciating pain, plus she sat in the exam room with me as I had leads attached to my body for an EKG, when blood was drawn and an IV was started, and the X-Ray techician coming for me.. She calmly, peacefully read her book.
 Even her singing works my last nerve but a thought crept into my head this morning as she did. One day I would miss her singing. So I felt it only fitting that I should write about my long suffering, faithful caring mother. Yes she's annoying, wacky and sometimes a dingbat, but she's the only mother I'll ever have.
MOM, I LOVE YOU...REALLY I DO. *hugs to you*
Till next time...

1 comment:

  1. aww. totally agree, i complain about my mum interfering but i'd miss her if she wasn't there and i'm grateful for all her help/support.

    ReplyDelete