The proverbial you-know-what

The proverbial you-know-what

Friday, January 14, 2011

Lament of Loss

This is about my now defunct marriage

We said our vows on a windy September day
Then the pain set in and he pushed me away
He said "Life's too short to have a sick wife"
He said "Get out and get a life"
So I left and brought along my heavy heart
I felt so Ill and utterly torn apart
I decided to set my heart on the shelf
Others said"Woman take care of yourself"
Now I'm in a small town trying to carve out a life
Far from the husband who escalated the strife
Abuse isn't love it's control and it's sorrow
I'm hoping for a better tommorrow
I'm taking my heart back off the shelf
I'll use it to love someone new- Myself

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful :) It's hard...but it can be done. I'm doing the same and I AM seeing progress. :)

    ReplyDelete