The proverbial you-know-what

The proverbial you-know-what

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Identity Crisis

 A short post here about my current struggle. I'm trying to figure out who I am all over again, and John Barleycorn himself distorted everything. Not looking for the man of my dreams, or anyone else. I'm getting to know Suz all over again. The Suz who is hoping for a future as an author. A life, and true friends. Last year was a detour to a dark place I never want to visit again. However I made a few good friends and fell in love. I fall too easily, Now if I can only fall for myself, not in a vain way, but an act of acceptance and self caring.

 This song has always brought tears to my eyes... "Magnificent" by U2
Till next time....

4 comments:

  1. The good thing is you are one of the lucky ones who is looking. Most people are too distracted to ever ask the question, "Who am I?"...or ever seek to know. I still believe "Seek and ye shall find." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you cant love anyone else or find anyone to love you until you have learnt to love yourself. right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. added to that.. you dont know who or what you want until you know yourself. love and get to know yourself first. dont rush. rushing/forcing quick results only leads to mistakes. take your time to just be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm taking both of your comments to heart, it's true, unless you know and love yourself, you really will be spinning your wheels. I love my friends, friends are the glue that hold a person together during tough times :)

    ReplyDelete